According to the organization VEDA (VESTIBULAR DISORDERS ASSOCIATION), the risk of dizziness is twice as high in women.
According to the same association, 40% of people over the age of 40 experience so serious dizziness, that they visit the doctor.
Atherosclerosis is a chronic disease in which the excess cholesterol in the blood deposits on the wall of the blood vessel and forms an atherosclerotic plaque. Platelets also accumulate on the wall of the damaged vessel forming a thrombus, which is the precondition for stroke
If you occasionally experience dizziness, impaired coordination, vomiting or tinnitus, visit the National Center of Surgery and use a promotion that will help you establish the causes of a dangerous and unpleasant illness. The clinic offers you a promotion, specifically, a dopplerography of brachiocephalic vessels and a consultation of a neurologist.
Tea Shubladze, the neurologist of the National Center of Surgery, speaks about the importance of the promotion.
"Within the framework of the promotion, you will receive a consultation of a neurologist, we will check the blood flow of the main cerebral vessels with ultra-modern TOSHIBA APLIO 500 ultrasound machine, detect atherosclerotic disorders of blood vessels, in the presence of stenosis, evaluate its degree and prescribe the appropriate treatment" says the neurologist.
- Dr. Tea, please tell the reader about the major complaints that cannot be left without attention
- The main complaints that you should pay attention to are:
• Vestibular or coordination disturbances (dizziness, imbalance, tinnitus, hearing and visual impairment);
• Cephalgia (a headache mainly near the occipital and sphenoid bone regions);
• Asthenic-neurotic syndrome (emotional lability, low mood);
• Dyssomnia (various types of sleep disorders);
• Cognitive disorders (decreased memory and attention).
- What plays an important role in the development of atherosclerosis and what is the provoking factor?
- An important role in the development of atherosclerosis is played by metabolic disorders (including diabetes, obesity), hereditary predisposition, age (over 40 years, rarely younger), lack of physical activity (hypodynamia), unhealthy diet (especially excessive consumption of animal fat).
The provoking factors also include smoking, alcohol, psycho-emotional stress, an intense lifestyle, noise, a specific working environment, and so on.
It is also important to note that the emergence of vascular problems in women is associated with the deficiency of estrogen (due to age), which determines the elasticity of the skin and the blood vessels.
I think, for the prevention, people over 45 should consult with the neurologist at least twice a year (in spring and autumn). Environmental factors, stress, alcohol, smoking - contribute to rejuvenate vascular problems, and this age sometimes is conditional.
-What is your recommendation for preventing complications of vascular diseases?
- It is important to monitor blood pressure constantly, check coagulogram and blood cholesterol levels periodically.
It is equally important to take into account all the risk factors, that contribute to the development of atherosclerosis.
National Center of Surgery address – Tbilisi, Digomi Chachava street N5.;
You can contact the Call-center of the National Center of Surgery at 577 11 91 19 or 2 02 25 25;
If you have some questions, you can contact the neurologist of the National Center of Surgery Tea Shubladze at 595 26 92 92;
Wish you health!