K. Eristavi National Center of Experimental and Clinical Surgery, Best traditions since 1946!
National Center of Surgery is a multi-field clinic, where new technologies and modern standards are used in diagnosis and treatment of patients.
Doctors of National Center of Surgery are taking care of health of the population for 24 hours, 7 days a week.
Following fields of surgery are presented at the National Center of Surgery:
Vascular and Endovascular Surgery;
Reconstructive and plastic surgery;
Orthopedic and trauma surgery;
Septic surgery department;
General surgery department:
Surgical department is equipped with new technologies: ultramodern equipment and post-operative wards. Modern surgical instruments for general and less invasive surgeries: new generation endolaparoscope set by “OLYMPUS”, ultrasonic scalpel “HARMONIC”, intraoperative x-ray machine (SHIMADZU), ultramodern laparoscope brand new model of “OLIMPUS” - “VISERA PRO”, new device of endoscopic surgery “OLYMPUS EGZERA 170”
The Department of Surgery performs such operations as:
- Pancreaticoduodenal resection
- Bariatric surgery – sleeve gastrectomy
- Surgical treatment of inflammatory and neoplastic diseases of stomach and intestines
- Surgical treatment of inflammatory and oncopathology diseases of gallbladder and bile duct with traditional and less invasive (Minilaparotomy and laparoscopy) methods.
- Reconstructive surgeries of GI tract and bile ducts
- Tumors of pancreas and liver
- Parasitic diseases of various organs
- Hernioplasty (hernia repair at various locations)
- Atypical resection of liver (damaged by tumor)
- Surgical treatment of thyroid gland diseases
- Hiatal hernia repair
- Achalasia, gastroesophageal and reflux diseases
Vascular, reconstructive and plastic surgery departments:
Vascular and reconstructive surgery departments, which are functioning successfully, are one of the priority fields at National Center of Surgery.
The department offers you many types of difficult surgeries:
- Surgical treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysm;
- Prosthesis of main blood vessels;
- Aortic bifemoral (aortobifemoral) bypass, Axillofemoral bypass
- Combined phlebectomy
- Finger replantation and auto transplantation (on hand, from foot to hand)
- Treatment of flat foot with new combined method, tendoplasty, tendon transfer
- Treatment of traumatic and congenital injury of brachial plexus
- Treatment of Raynaud's disease and diabetic angiopathy
Orthopedic and trauma surgery department:
In trauma department surgeries of almost all types and difficulties are performed:
- Hip replacement (endoprosthesis)
- Surgical treatment of traumatic, congenital or acquired pathologies of musculoskeletal system
- Correction of flat foot
- Correction of valgus deformity
- Correction of hand, toe deformity
- Surgical treatment of nonunion or malunion
- Osteosynthesis of extremities
- Intramedullary osteosynthesis
- Focal osteosynthesis
- Osteosynthesis with external fixation
- Excision of benign neoplasm
- Surgeries due to injuries of joint and ligaments
Gynecology department is equipped with modern colposcope, OLYMPUS latest-generation laparoscopic set with modern surgical instruments, ultrasonic scalpel, coagulation and laser device for less invasive hysteroscopy and general gynecologic interventions. Using these tools gives us opportunity to perform all types of surgeries and diagnostics:
- Extirpation of uterus and its appendages using vaginal and abdominal approaches
- Plastic surgery of cervix and vaginal walls
- Ectopic pregnancy operation
- Ovarian Cystectomy
- Operations for diagnosis and treatment of infertility
- Diagnostic laparoscopy (gynecologic)
- Laparoscopic intervention during pathologic changes of uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and organs of true pelvis
- Radical hysterectomy using abdominal (also laparoscopic) and vaginal approaches
- Wertheim's hysterectomy
- Treatment of genital prolapse and urinary incontinence using plastic or prosthetic surgeries
- Diagnostics and treatment of cervical pathologies
Most of gynecologic surgeries are performed using laparoscopic method, which is very important for women of reproductive age, especially for future mothers.
Nephrology, kidney transplantation and hemodialysis department:
Nephrology, kidney transplantation and hemodialysis department is functioning successfully in the National Center of Surgery.
Nowadays, the clinic takes care of 130 patients with chronic kidney failure.
Everyday three sessions of hemodialysis are performed for planned visits. Hemodialysis procedure is also available in ICU and ER departments. The service is the only one in the city and is available 24 hours. Kidney transplantation surgery was first performed at National Center of Surgery. This surgery is still performed successfully.
At ophthalmology department diagnostics and treatment of eye diseases are based on international standards of care. All types of guideline-based diagnostic studies are used to maintain and restore vision acuity.
Ophthalmology department offers following therapeutic services:
- Primary full examination of eye
- Selection of glasses for different vision conditions such as: myopia, hypermetropia and astigmatism
- Treatment of ophthalmologic pathologies such as: dry eyes, conjunctivitis, keratitis, dacryocystitis and blepharitis.
Ophthalmology department performs surgeries for pathologic conditions such as:
- Treatment of dry eyes with plug implantation
- Neoplastic pathologies of eye and its appendages
- Excision of any type of cyst
- Restoration of lacrimal duct conductivity, “intubation” of lacrimal duct (during dacryocystitis)
- Eye traumas
- Eyelid injuries: entropion, ectropion, ptosis, chalazion, evisceration, enucleation
Oto-rhino-laryngology is one of the priority fields at National Center of Surgery. Here, main goals of highly qualified professional doctors are to maintain a good relationship with patients and improvement of their health condition by using modern methods of treatment.
Following oto-rhino-laryngology diseases are diagnosed and treated successfully:
- Chronic tonsillitis
- Acute angina
- Acute rhinitis
Following diagnostic and treatment procedures are performed at clinic:
- Ear plug removal
- Drainage of purulent otitis
- Washing of tonsils and nasal sinuses using vacuum
- Stopping of nose bleeding using tamponade and coagulation
Surgical treatment of oto-rhino-laryngology diseases are successful:
- Bilateral tonsillectomy during chronic decompensated tonsillitis
- Adenotomy – using general or local anesthesia
For improving nasal breathing following surgeries are performed:
- Removal of nasal septum
- Disintegration of nasal concha
- Nasal polypectomy
Surgeries are performed using general and local anesthesia
Digital X-ray machine “SHIMADZU” (Japanese company).
Ultrasounds – “GENERAL ELECTRICS”.
CT – brand new “TOSHIBA” aquilion RXL16, which is one of the best in the world.
Computed tomography is the leading diagnostic tool used for diagnosis of neurologic, neurosurgical, orthopedic, pulmonary, oncologic and other pathologies.
Available CT scanning services:
- Head CT
- CT of the cervical vertebrae
- CT of the lumbar vertebrae
- CT of the thoracic vertebrae
- CT of the thoracic cavity organs
- CT of the abdominal organs
- CT of the true pelvic organs
- CT of the musculoskeletal system
- CT urography
- CT angiography
- Aneurysm diagnostic tests
- Study of developmental abnormalities of intracranial vessels
- CT scan to diagnose a pulmonary artery embolism
- Extremity artery stenosis and occlusion
- CT scan to diagnose large vein thrombosis