News for patients suffering from back pains.
If you’re familiar with any of the following:
- Suffering from chronic back pain caused by a herniated disk in the waist area or without diagnostics.
- Using medications without results;
- Quality of life is lowered because of pain;
- And you’re afraid of surgical operation.
National Center of Surgery offers you a unique opportunity to get a treatment on the spine and be free of pain with the mini-invasive endoscopic method or without an operation.
On 10th, 11th and 12th of June Professor working in Turkey Tunc Koc, who has 30 years of experience in neurosurgery, visited National Center of Surgery for a working visit.
All patients who complained or had been diagnosed with any of the following could utilize a free consultation:
- Spinal disc herniation
- Any spinal pathology that is connected to spinal marrow, as well as the spinal column.
- Constant pain in the spinal area. Pain that cannot be relieved by a painkiller.
- Waist pain
- Neck pain
- Thigh and leg pain
After the free consultation, the professor divulged patients who were subjected and needed surgical intervention or treatment without the operation.
What does it mean to treat any spinal pathology without the operation or with a mini-invasive surgical intervention?
As a Turkish professor stated in an interview with us, endoscopic treatment of any spinal pathology is distinguished with many benefits. They’re following:
- Surgical intervention is carried out without blood.
- Disk and the nerve aren't harmed during the mini-invasive procedure.
- There’s practically no wound, just a small-sized incision.
- The patient is discharged on the same day and he/she returns to the usual rhythm of life without any discomfort or pain. For example, if a procedure was performed in the morning, you will return home in the evening.
- It isn't characterized by post-operative pain;
- Practically doesn’t need rehabilitation.
- Since the procedure doesn't need a cut, subsequently, there's no need for a stitch.
- An endoscopic procedure performed on a spine practically isn't characterized by complications.
- Ultramodern endoscopy allows the neurosurgeon to make the smallest incision when approaching herniated disk. The disk is approached through muscle and soft tissue widening and not cutting. With this modern method, the tissue isn't harmed and that ensures fast recovery of a patient's abilities.
- The endoscope has outstanding visuals, with the help of which neurosurgeon removes the part of the pulpal sphere (hernia) that causes the patient's leg and waist pain.
It's also possible to get treatment without the operation. During so-called radiofrequency (laser) the patient will have to stay in the hospital for 10-15 minutes. The basic idea of this technique is that neurosurgeon performs pain ablation in the part of the spine that has pathology. If the patient’s pain syndrome will be relieved from 100% to 50%, radiofrequency is performed. Afterward, neurosurgeon injects a needle in the same exact point and “switches off” the specific place. It's a very successful treatment. A patient doesn't need an operation; hence the name of this method is treatment without the operation.
Neurosurgeon states – “I’ve been performing neurosurgical operations already for 30 years. Years ago, before there was a possibility of performing on a spine with an endoscopic method, we had to treat spinal pathologies with an open rule – an operation. Open operation of the spine is characterized by a big wound. The risks of spinal damage and therefore, being handicapped are high. During an open operation, patients were obliged to stay in the hospital for several days, sometimes even for weeks, they suffered from post-operative pain and you imagine, temporarily had trouble moving on their own, the risk of the bleeding and complications was high. Unfortunately, the majority of people have no information regarding the spinal pathology treatment using endoscopic method and subsequently, they avoid surgical intervention. What we offer isn’t an open operation; it’s a mini-invasive manipulation that is performed without any cuts, just one puncture. It’s a very effective method since spine practically doesn’t sustain any traumas”.
According to Mr. Koc’s statement, he’s astound with National Center of Surgery’s warm hospitality, operations performed by clinic’s neurosurgeons and the ultramodern medical apparatus that is used for patient’s diagnostics and treatment.
National Center of Surgery address: Tbilisi, Dighomi, Chachava N5.
You may contact National Center of Surgery’s call center at 577 119 119 or 2 02 25 25.
Wish you health!