Heart failure is a clinical syndrome.
In this condition heart can not provide normal perfusion of organs and tissues, adequate metabolic request in both the relaxed ondition and in the physical load.
National Center of Surgery’s cardiologist Tamar Avaliani discusses the topic.
Why does a heart failure develop;
The condition can be caused by cardiac reasons like (myocardial stroke, arterial hypertension, heart defect, myocarditis, cardiomyopathy, pericarditis), and also, extracardiac causes like (anemia, hyper or hypothyroidism, diabetes obesity, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, kidney insufficiency and etc.),
How to protect ourselves from a heart failure?
Healthy lifestyle is the most important prophylactic measure of all diseases, including cardiovascular diseases.
- Weight correction;
- Salt limitation in the nutrition;
- Restriction of saturated fats, which are mainly included in meat products (fatty beef or pork, lamb meat) and in some of the milk products: for example, sour cream, fatty cheese and trans fat.
- It’s recommended to eat multiple times and with small portions
- Coffee, strong tea, chocolate, spicy food should be excluded. Nutrition should be enriched with vegetables, fruits and seafood.
- It is necessary to normalize the arterial pressure numbers, the management of ischemic diseases, anemia, thyroid gland function correction, timely and correct management of diabetes and other diseases that eventually lead to heart failure.
Are all kinds of fat harmful?
All kinds of fat are not harmful, but on the contrary it is necessary for the body. These are unsaturated fats that are found in the following products:
- Fish farming; •
- Sunflower, olive oil and etc.
It is mandatory to say no to bad habits. Tobacco or alcohol consumption is harmful. Some medications can cause heart failure, such as anti-inflammatory non-steroidal drugs, anti-arrhythmia and hormone drugs, which should be taken into consideration.
Heart failure is the result of certain pathological processes and it is necessary to influence these processes.
National Center of Surgery address: Tbilisi, Dighomi, Chachava N5.
You may contact National Center of Surgery’s call center at 577 119 119 or 2 02 25 25.
In case of any issues, you may contact National Center of Surgery’s cardiologist Tamar Avaliani for consultation at 555 57 55 99.
Wish you health!