Arrhythmia - Cardiology

Qauestion:: Hello, I’m 16 years old and it’s been a month since the onset of following symptoms: a rapid heartbeat, I feel it in my hands, legs, back, as well as in my gastric cardia and I also feel the pulsation in the abdomen after I eat. What can be the cause of these?


In the response provided to you by the highly qualified specialists of our clinic you will be informed about the following: 

  • What is arrhythmia;
  • Medical records;
  • Symptoms of arrhythmia;
  • Diagnostic methods.

Remote diagnostics is impossible, albeit, the cause of complaints probably is arrhythmia. This is a group of disorders, during which heart rhythm is abnormal.

Generally, all cardiac pathologies are caused by one or few mechanisms comprising disruptions in the production and travel of impulses. Numerous types of arrhythmia don’t have symptoms albeit, if symptoms appeared, patient experiences following:

  • Feeling your heartbeat;
  • Delay, halt or pause between heartbeats;
  • Heart palpitations.

In your case, the duration of complaints has to be clarified, also it’s better to know and clinically confirm whether you had similar episodes in the past, if a rapid heartbeat is regular or irregular, is it characterized by progressive increase and decrease, or if it has following comorbidities:

  • Difficulty breathing;
  • Discomfort in the chest;
  • Dyspnea;
  • Syncope;


As for feeling your pulse in the stomach, you should clarify if you followed a so-called diet, you could’ve lost weight significantly in the recent past causing the anterior abdominal wall to lower, and near the spine, that’s why you feel aortic pulsation that is located in the abdominal area close to the spine.

Treatment is aimed to treat triggers, therefore, differential diagnosis and appropriate tests are necessary. Following clinical tests are conducted for diagnosis:

  • Electrocardiography;
  • Echocardiography;
  • Abdominal ultrasound;
  • Computed tomography.

The most effective treatment strategy will be defined and ordered based on the conducted tests.

We advise you to consult with your family members and see cardiologist and gastroenterologist. Consultation with an endocrinologist is important as well.


On behalf of National Center of Surgery wish you health!

Send Question