The prescription of sleep is to renew the energy sources of the body.
An adult should sleep for 8 hours. Insomnia increases the risk of depression, anxiety, and other neurological problems.
This significantly reduces the daily rhythm of life – s/he is tired, irritated and has trouble concentrating on work.
If you can’t fall asleep or often wake up at night, you should seek neurologist for consultation.
Before you plan to visit neurologist, neurologist of National Center of Surgery Tea Shubladze will give several useful recommendations:
- Don’t use a phone, TV or laptop before sleep. Say no to modern technologies 1 or 2 hours before sleep;
- According to somnologists (Somnology - branch of science that studies sleep), the clock shouldn't be in the bedroom;
- Don’t drink coffee in the evening, because this delicious drink contains caffeine;
- Try to suppress any type of noise and if necessary, use earplugs;
- Adjust sleep regime and avoid sleeping in daylight;
- Keep in mind that light suppresses the level of sleep hormone – melatonin. Therefore, it’s necessary to obscure any type of light in the bedroom. A sleep mask is also recommended;
- Drink peppermint or chamomile tea before sleep for relaxation.
Wish you health!